You could be a District Councillor
Posted on: 7 January 2015
• Do you want to speak on behalf of your community?
• Could you represent the interests and needs of local people?
• Would you like to shape, direct and monitor local services in the Mid Devon area?
• Do you feel you have skills you could contribute?
….. then why not become a District Councillor?
District Council elections will be held in May 2015. In preparation for this, events will be held in each of the three largest towns in Mid Devon in February to give interested local people the opportunity to find out what is involved in being a District Councillor. Existing Councillors will be present to provide feedback on the role and to answer any questions you may have. Officers will also be present to explain what is involved in the election process and to explain the role and function of the District Council.
Please do come along to one of the following events if you are interested in finding out more.
After all, what have you got to lose?
• Tuesday 10 February, 6.30pm at the Hayridge Centre, Cullompton
• Wednesday 18 February, 6.30pm at the Boniface Centre, Crediton
• Tuesday 24 February, 6.30pm in Phoenix House, TivertonPosted in: Business & Economy | Community | My Council