The competition is on to find Tiverton’s ‘Mum in a Million’ ahead of Mothers’ Day 2019
Posted on: 15 March 2019
Tiverton Town Centre Partnership along with Tiverton Pannier Market have launched a competition to find Tiverton’s ‘Mum in a Million’.
One lucky Tivertonian mum could be in with a chance of receiving a plethora of prizes donated from the market and local businesses including, to name a few:
- Sunday dinner for two at the Best Western Tiverton Hotel
- Cream tea for two at New Creation
- Facial treatment and manicure at Devon and Somerset Skincare
- Wash, Cut and Blow-Dry at Mojo’s Hair & Beauty
- Free entry for two to Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life
- A speciality cake from Sarah’s Kitchen
- Photo/video shoot modelling clothes from Jo Amor and a radio chat in conjunction with Tiverton’s radio station TCR
- Bouquet of flowers from RoseTime Flowers
- A book from independent bookshop Liznojan
- A beautiful handmade mug from 21 Gold Street
- Quality baby bonnet knitting kit from Anji’s Wool market stall
- Market trader goodie prize to include a gift basket of fruit, veg, flowers and crafts from Tiverton Pannier Market
- Plus much, much more!
The competition requires candidates to be nominated by their families. If anyone would like to nominate their mum, they need to write a few lines describing why their mum is special to them and deserves to be Tiverton’s ‘Mum in a Million’.
The lucky winner will be awarded the title ‘Mum in a Million for Tiverton 2019’ and will be showered with gifts presented at the market by local MP Neil Parish, on Saturday 30th March.
Businesses throughout the town will be supporting the occasion and local schools have also been involved by creating Mothers’ Day cards, which will be on display at the market.
Alan Ottey, Tiverton’s Town and Market Manager said:
“We’re looking to receive nominations from next of kin explaining why their mother is special to them. We’ve arranged a small committee, chaired by Town Mayor Councillor Janet Rendle, who’ll help judge the nominations to find our ‘Mum in a Million’ winner.
“We encourage people to take part by nominating their mums ahead of Mothers’ Day on Sunday, 31 March, in recognition for their unconditional love, support and forgiving nature that holds them so dear to our hearts.
“So get your nomination in now to show how special your mum really is and just how much she means to you!”
The closing date for nominations is Wednesday 27th March.
For more information contact:
Town and Market Manager
Tel: 07815 791191