MDDC launches e-mail subscription service
Posted on: 24 March 2017
Mid Devon District Council has partnered with GovDelivery to connect customers to important information about the services it provides.
GovDelivery is an e-mail subscription management service that provides access to information by proactively delivering content through a variety of channels. Visitors to the Council’s website will now notice an option to subscribe to receive information and updates from the services that matter to them; such as news about planning issues or notifications for areas where waste collections have been missed.
Using the GovDelivery communications platform, the Council will be able to greatly extend its communication reach, foster engagement and encourage residents, businesses and visitors to engage more actively with Council services.
GovDelivery has been successfully delivering channel shift, fast-tracking avoidable contact savings and generating revenue to UK Local Authorities since 2004.
A unique benefit will be access to the network of existing clients; meaning subscribers can also choose to receive news and information from associated public organisations such as the Met Office, Highways Agency, HMRC, DVLA, HSE, and GOV.UK. Networking this way enables a cross-over of subscribers to maximise public reach.
Other benefits will include:
- Reduction in communication costs through paperless delivery – saving on postage and employee costs
- Reduction in customer contact costs – by pro-actively alerting residents to changes in service, customers are able to self-serve using the lowest cost channels as opposed to making telephone calls, in-person visits or print/postal communications
- Achieving a greater reach to residents, visitors and businesses than previously
- Ensuring transparency and efficient dissemination of information to the public
- Customisation – allowing customers to choose to receive information by email, personalised RSS feeds, Facebook or Twitter
Customers can subscribe to a choice of topics and newsfeeds by visiting https://www.middevon.gov.uk/ and entering their email address into the overlay pop-up or by clicking the ‘Stay Connected’ icon in the footer. Additional topics will be added in due course.Business & Economy | Community | My Council