Council makes 50th TAP Fund award
Posted on: 8 April 2013
The Town and Parish (or TAP) Fund closed on a high at the end of February with its 50th grant award since the scheme opened in May last year.
The final award of £659 was made to help refurbish the historic grade II listed St. Lawrence Chapel in Crediton. The chapel is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Crediton. Constructed around 1200AD, the chapel was home to a religious hermit who gave counsel to anyone who sought his advice. At one time it was converted to three small cottages before being restored in 1920 and presented to the Governors of the Holy Cross Church, Crediton.
Among the final batch of TAP Fund awards were:
- £125 towards the cost of replacing Stockleigh Pomeroy Parish Hall
- £950 for equipment to re-launch Poughill Youth Club, which also serves Cheriton Fitzpaine
- £1,000 for a Tiverton in Bloom enhancement of Fore Street
- £130 towards interpretation panels at Cadbury Hill Fort
- £3,136 for joint youth projects in Hemyock, Culmstock and Clayhidon.
For more information about grants, contact our Grants and Funding Officer, Paul Tucker, on 07967 179666 or email email@example.com.Posted in: Community