Celebrate our local independents!
Posted on: 25 June 2013
Why shop local this July?
· Tiverton has a great selection of independent retailers and traders.
· Shopping locally boosts your local economy, enabling local businesses to prosper and grow.
· For every £1 you spend in your local independent business, between 50p-70p circulates back into your local economy. For a chain, the figure is as little as 5p, making your pound ten times more valuable to your local area when spent with an independent trader!
· Shopping locally also supports local traders, their suppliers and the people they depend on to run their business.
· Independent retailers are welcoming, providing customers with a personalised, one-on-one experience, so it can be more like visiting a friend than a business.
· Markets offer a huge range of products, a bustling atmosphere and traders who are experts in what they sell. They are also a great way to encourage new start-up businesses as well as an opportunity to buy from local producers.
Local Independent retailers will be displaying the logo as well as campaign posters.
What you can do to support the campaign:
• Visit Tiverton Pannier Market’s Facebook page for more information about the campaign and posts about special offers at independent retailers throughout the town.
• Share information through your social media sites – you could make the campaign logo your profile picture during July!
• Make a pledge to shop local for one week this July.
• Look out for shops displaying the logo – pop in and say hello – find out more about their business.
• Tell your friends and family about the campaign.
• Visit your local market, meet the traders and see what we have to offer!
To download a copy of the logo and an information pack about the Independents Campaign, please visit: www.middevon.gov.uk/markets
For more information please contact:
Head of Communities & Governance
Tel: 01884 234 246
Tel: 01884 255 255