An opportunity to meet the local buyer
Posted on: 25 September 2015
The Devon Procurement Partnership is a collaborative procurement partnership representing public sector organisations throughout Devon and Cornwall.
Our fourth annual meet the buyer event ‘Going Local 4’ will take place on Monday 16 November at the Assembly Hall in Torquay. The event will be free of charge for businesses to attend.
Businesses will be able to meet the buyers from across the county who are responsible for public sector spend.
Public sector organisations in Devon and Cornwall are sensitive to the economic pressures being felt by all businesses and are keen to purchase locally and make doing business with the public sector as easy as possible.
To ensure that the time taken to attend is productive for businesses, there will be a series of short seminars focusing on topical issues of interest aimed at helping to explain how to do business across the public sector and how to access opportunities to bid for public sector work.
As business opportunities are advertised and invitations to tender are available online, there will be an IT suite, with assistance being offered, to aid businesses with registration on the procurement portal to access opportunities.
The day will offer attendees the opportunity to:
- Meet the public sector buyers from across the two counties
- Meet public sector specialists, including economic regeneration and trading standards, who will be there to give first hand advice
- Listen to a series of short and informative procedure seminars, running throughout the event
- Meet with large prime contractors to discuss potential business opportunities
- Obtain IT assistance with expert support to aid registration to relevant websites
- Ask the panel – an opportunity to attend a Q and A session with a panel of procurement professionals
- Use the networking area, providing the opportunity to meat other local companies.
For further information and to register for this event please complete the registration form and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The supplier registration form and the full programme will be available on our website:
https://new.middevon.gov.uk/business/doing-business-with-us/going-local-4/Posted in: Business & Economy | My Council